Friday 22 May 2009

Tom Collyer writes some logic puzzles...

A.K.A. Friday Puzzles #1

Hello all. Recently I have taken up writing logic puzzles as an excellent means of wasting time – but also as a potential future earner. I am now at the stage where I am willing to publish them to the internet in a bid to firstly start a bit of a following, and a bit of feedback – and secondly to start buidling my own personal reputation. The idea is to start publishing a weekly puzzle that I have written myself. This is a learning process for me so the soving difficulty of my puzzles will probably vary wildly, but I’ll try and pigeon-hole them into three categories – easy, medium, and hard.

Anyhow, it ought to be fairly obvious that one of my favourite logic puzzles is sudoku, and so provides as good a place to start. Most sudoku you will solve tend to come from newspapers and books, and almost all of these will have been generated by a computer. The benefits of actually having a person make them I hope will become obvious as you solve these.

Please note that my puzzles are not all going to be sudoku. That’s not even close to what I aim to do. Where I publish a puzzle that is relatively obscure, I will post up the rules and perhaps a couple of examples of how they are applied. However, I’m sure everyone’s perfectly fine with sudoku, so without further ado:
    #001 Sudoku – rated easy
    #002 Sudoku – rated easy
All puzzles © Tom Collyer 2009

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha, I love the Anti Spam Question. Had to comment when I saw that. Good Sudokus above too.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *