Friday 3 June 2011

Friday Puzzles #105

Firstly let me apologise for being absent the previous couple of Fridays. I have been out of the country on both occasions, the logistics being something terrible.

The first Friday was due to being in Beijing on Sudoku duty at the Beijing International Sudoku Tournament. Expect a full report later, but as something of a taster here are the final four puzzles as solved by Jan Mrozowski of Poland and Jakub Ondrousek of the Czech Republic. Jan was the runner up in the event, solving these 4 in a shade over 11 minutes – but Jakub took the crown with a total time of 10 minutes. Needless to say these are both breath taking performances, and whilst everything was broadcast to some Chinese sports channel, I’m not sure the viewers would have kept up – the commentary team of Chen Cen and Wei-Hwa Huang didn’t seem to…
    BIST 2011 Final #1 – Sudoku
 

    BIST 2011 Final #2 – Diagonal Sudoku
 

    BIST 2011 Final #3 – Consecutive Sudoku
 
 

    BIST 2011 Final #4 – Sudoku
 
[These were reconstructed from photos taken by Bastien Vial-Jaime – hopefully they are all good and typo-free but I haven’t actually had time to solve these myself to verify this is the case.]

With the quality of the puzzles being so high, I’m not sure that I am well advised in starting the first of my three legs of Friday Puzzles today with a sudoku, but there we go, it’s too late now. Enjoy!
    #132 Sudoku – rated easy
 
All puzzles – except obviously the BIST puzzles – © Tom Collyer 2009-11

1 comment:

  1. Bastien, you are a Gentleman and a Scholar. I am of course very pleased not to be reminded of those 8 wrong digits across 6 puzzles :)

    I will update the images now…

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *