Saturday 28 November 2009

Friday Puzzles #25

Greetings all, and apologies for the delay. I’ve been a little bit distracted in the last few days, but as they say, better late than never.

A plain old Masyu puzzle this week – not quite from the juno textbook but hopefully still a nice enough solve:

Edit: I offer my apologies to anyone who had a go at early versions of this puzzle and were frustrated by the multiple solutions that could have been arrived at, and my thanks to mathgrant whose helpful comments helped me to fix it!
    #030 Masyu – rated medium

All puzzles © Tom Collyer 2009

8 comments:

  1. Am I missing something? I count 231 solutions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that 273 solutions. I suck at counting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not as much as I suck at accurately transposing my notes into digital form :)

    Fixed now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yeah….that is a genuine balls up. My apologies. Perhaps I ought to do a quick paint test-solve before putting these out in such a hurry.

    Following your analysis, the thing is definitely sorted out now. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I forgot to mention: thanks for mentioning me in the edited version of the post! I’m glad that my “helpful” comments “helped” you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ll add you to the list!

    In theory, my schedule was supposed to be quite whimsical too and then set things out every Friday – however it never seems to work out like that and I’m nearly always rushing to get something out. Seems that’s always the way with a deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deadlines do that. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. They haven’t to me. :P I usually have around 7 puzzles scheduled to be published at any given moment. For a good reason: there was a time a couple weeks ago when I suddenly got slammed with work at college, and I had to freeze construction for awhile to get it done. At the end of that I still had 2 queued to be posted, and by now I’ve caught up to being a week ahead again.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *